Friday, April 2, 2010

My fear

This entry is my most personal yet and for some it will be difficult to read, but I ask you to keep an open mind and to not let this change your opinions of me.

Ever since I was young I've had these cynic and dreadful thoughts about my future. At a very early age I lost my faith in the immensity of love. I knew that I could never bring myself to love one person unconditionally for the rest of my life, it just wasn't in the cards for me. All around couples were breaking up, divorcing or worse. My parents didn't really set a great example either. So to lose your faith in something that profound so early on is something that I've always regretted.

My greatest fear is that one day, when I've found the perfect girl and I've raised a little family, I will one day start to wonder how long it will last. I want to believe in a happily ever after where two people can love each other for the rest of their lives, but deep down I have this little voice that is telling me it's all a sham. Forever doesn't exist. It's just a state of mind. These thoughts frighten me. What if someday, I will stop caring, one day, I will stop loving someone, stop loving what we have, stop appreciating everything we've built up?

How can I stop myself from letting go of someone and keep them in my life?

No comments: