Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Day 3/4 - Watching the sunrise

The 3/4 abbreviation is not a sign of laziness but rather a simple solution to the fact that I'm starting to loose track of time. Mostly, my vacation here goes by in a sort of blur, a mixture of work, rest and play. My mornings are always calm and consist of getting up at half past 8, having breakfast, going for a run and a mental preparation for the lunch hour rush. Work goes by like a string of bad smells, dirty stains and a brave attempt to scrub everything clean in time.

Even though I only have to work six hours per day, it feels longer. Partly due to the fact that I now start about twenty minutes earlier to get ahead on my work. Still, it are long and hard hours that pass by at a snail's pace. The time that I don't have to play Cinderella, I try to get out of the hotel as much as I can.

I went postcard-shopping (for those who sent me their adress, the cards are in the mail!) and it gave me some ideas for sightseeing. Here's a small list - God, what is it with me and lists all of a sudden? Guess I have you to thank for that, don't I, Sarah?

- Narbonne
- Cabannes de Fleury
- Gruissan
- L'œuil Doux
- Carcasson

Don't think I'll get around to doing them all, but today (if time has any meaning at all anymore) I went moutainbiking and visited Cabannes de Fleury, which is a small fishers town. Although it was a bit too small for my taste, but we had fun on the way there and back. Plus some great pictures as well.

Oh, I'm forgetting the most exiting thing I did today! I got up at half past 6 - after having hit the snooze-button a bit too much - and wet down to the beach to watch the sunrise. It was just me, a camera and a gorgeous rising sun. My attempts to capture the moment on camera have proven to be somewhat fruitful, but I must say, I've never been good with pictures, always better with words. So who knows, maybe I'll write an entire blog about that hour and a half of celestial splendor! While I was watching the sky turn all sorts of colours, I had a little time to catch my breath and make some decisions that were long overdue. I've made my decision and when I come back you'll know the outcome - as will I.

I'd love to write a bit more, but we're about to go to diner as I've seen several people head for the employee restaurant! If anything else exiting happens to me again, you'll be the first to know, well, technically, second. Me first.

No comments: