Friday, January 21, 2011

PS3, I love you

I thought, with the end of the January exams drawing near, I should pay a little visit to the Game Mania website and see what kinds of new goodies they've got in store. And let me tell you, 2011 is going to be a mouth-watering year for me and my fellow gamers. The time of Atari's Pong seems so long ago, it might just as well have occured in the Stone Age. When you see the kinds of games that are now (or will soon be) available to us, you cannot help but marvel at the technical wonders us feeble humans have managed to conjure up.

Let me paint you a picture. Or in other words, let me tell you on what I'll be spending my money this year. Frankly, I don't know where to begin. There's Uncharted - Drake's Deception (of course), Crysis 2, Bulletstorm, Homefront (for those of you who loved Red Dawn - and Apocalypse, Now!), MotorStorm -Apocalypse, DC Universe Online, Brink, inFAMOUS 2 and on and on the list goes.


Because sweating in the desert, raiding tombs, killing evil mercs, ...
has never looked so damn good.


A "catastrophically beautiful" full-blown war in a decimated New York City.
Who wouldn't be up for that?


Big effing guns, big effing monsters and a not-so Goody Two-Shoes vocabulary.
Sounds like my kinda game.

A United States brought to its knees, crippled by a brokedown economy,
and blasted with a lil' EMP from North Korea, with love.

Racing with really cool cars in a real-time really-devastated city?
Bring. It. On.

Becoming a superpowered being and consequently, the savior or annihilator of Earth?
Don't mind if I do...

Civil wars, flooded earths, crazy people, intelligent SMART system and id Tech 4.
Oh yeah. I'm there.

Death by electrocution.
Sounds like a perfectly good way to go.

No comments: