Thursday, January 13, 2011

To the moon and back

I had my second exam today - it went pretty well, thanks for asking - and after that, I took the train to Louvain to do some studying in the library. God, aren't I a dilligent student? Well, just wait for it. I planned to go to the library after the exam, which I did, don't get me wrong, although it was just to drop off my bag and head into the city to do some shopping. I know, I know, what am I doing in a store when I should be pinned down in the library with my face pressed down on my English Literature notes. Alas, today I wasn't quite feeling it. So I decided to act accordingly and go on a little spending spree. Don't knock it, 'till you've tried it!

After spending what seems like a relatively low amount of cash on such abundant and seemingly expensive things is what makes it all worthwhile! The verdict: 4 new sweaters, 5 new T-shirts, 2 pairs of boxers and 6 new books. Now I now you're burning to ask me the question: so go on ahead and ask me: what colour are those boxers? Well I'm glad you asked: they're a lovely shade of grey. I actually wanted to buy a more colourful and vibrant *giggle* kind of boxer, but I guess the WE ran out of those. And the other question you were dying to ask, I'll bet, are the books I've bought. Well, here they are:

- D.H. Lawrence - Sons & Lovers and Women In Love (already mentally preparing myself for some saucy 20th century explicit content!)
- Charles Dickens - Great Expectations (I thought I just had to have it...)
- and three other novels of relatively unknown writers, although there's one called 'De Winterreis' by Amélie Nothomb. The other two are called something something 'in Parijs' (Oh God, there's that hole in my short-term memory again!) and 'Honderd woorden voor grijs', give or take a few words on that one as well... Oy... You'd think studying'd make you smarter and more capable of remembering things... I guess not. Or perhaps this just means I have to have my head checked at...

After this brief summary of my afternoon you'd think I'd have said what I wanted to say, but I didn't, but don't worry, I'm getting to it! As I was riding the bus back home - since all thoughts of school had long been abandoned for today - I put my iPhone on shuffle. It's amazing the kind of songs you hear that you never even know - or simply forgot - you had! While gazing out the window, watching all the Sales-driven people going about their businesses, I got reacquanted with Savage Garden. For those of you who think they've peeked at Truly, Madly, Deeply, guess again! To The Moon & Back is equally profoundly beautiful, maybe even more so than the "Until the stars fall down on me" song. If you want to get (re)acquanted with this song as well, just click here, I promise you'll love it. And if you don't, hey, it's YouTube, I'm sure there's something out there to rock your boat!

No comments: